Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wikipedia

Wow. When I read this article I had no clue that Wikipedia was not a resourceful page. I did notice anytime you search for something online wikipedia is the first website that will pop up. In one of the articles its said, "Wikipedia calls itself "the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit," which is another way of saying it is not fact-checked. Or spin-checked, for that matter." I knew it was free, but did not know you could edit what it said. I am really disappointed in this because I know I have used Wikipedia in many of my researches and now to this that it could have been false, its very disturbing.

I will never be able to trust Wikipedia again. Because you have to imagine how much harm it has done already. They say they made a scanner now that can detect what as been edited, but what if that machine misses something and we are misinformed. I will no longer trust nor use Wikipedia in any of my researches.

No comments: