Wednesday, December 3, 2008

International Talk

I got in touch with a second grade teacher in Chicago. We chatted about all the different ways of teaching and how we do things different. She tried to warn me not to go into Elem. education unless I really like it because it was really hard. The school she teaches at is a low income area and most of the parents at her school do not really care if their kids are in school or not. Which is sad because all parents should want their kids in school. And how the crime is so much greater up there. She taught me a few good techniques for when I have a classroom of my own. She told me i needed to reach out to my parents of all my students and let them know that I am here for them whenever they have questions or concerns and let the parents be apart of the learning process. So, that was a great tip. I am glad I got in touch with her. Now I will be able to go through school and have a friend I can email and see her opinion on things also.

No comments: